6 Ways to Boost SEO Ranking with Internal Links

AdminIntel

Staff member
internal-links-seo-ranking.jpg

Internal links and qualified traffic generation is crucial to the success of any Digital Marketing campaign. Gaining credibility, generating leads, and making sales requires doing this on a massive scale, in addition to attracting the proper individuals. Only a minority of businesses put significant resources …

Read full article on AdminIntel.com...

Let's take a look at this page as an example: How to Get Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2 Free Gift Packs

You can see here also:

internal-links.jpg

I have added an internal link in this sentence:
Have you just started playing Warzone? Read our Warzone 2 Tips for Beginners.

See how I've anchored the link; I've used a keyword that others may type in a search engine like Google or Bing. Not only does this pass "link juice" (a term to refer to the value passed to a page by backlinks) to that page but it also helps people find your content when they search for the term "warzone 2 tips for beginners" in Google. It doesn't necessarily have to be in that order but as long as those words are within that search, it will still be found.

It's important that whenever you write a post or an article that you include a reference to another page by adding that link in. It has to be similar and not just any random link others Google won't understand the structure of your site and it will not benefit you.

Tip for forum owners: You don't necessarily have to have a "news" or "articles" section of your site to achieve this. Just write some great content within your forums and make sure to add some internal links within it.

Also, it's important to understand that external links are just as important. Having one or two within your post could benefit you. For example, you'll find an anchor with the text "free Gift Packs" linking to YouTube. This clip shows you how to get those gift packs. It may help Google understand where you got your information from, kind of like a reference.

Tip: Don't go too crazy with adding too many internal links or external links. 2-3 should be enough and try not overdo the keywords otherwise it could look spammy and won't help in your rankings.

All these techniques are small but very powerful for SEO. I would highly recommend them if you're serious about growing as a community and website.

Any questions, please drop them in. I'm always here to help and share with you what has worked for me.

Tip: Don't go too crazy with adding too many internal links or external links. 2-3 should be enough and try not overdo the keywords otherwise it could look spammy and won't help in your rankings.
Search engines will quit crawling links after 150 on one given page.

LOL Could you imagine putting 150 links on a page? LOL

I tend to go with 1 (sometimes 2) links per paragraph.

The anchor text is really important. Don't make it "click here" or "link". For SEO, you need to describe what they will be clicking into.

Back